Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

A Virtual Trip to Ireland

One of my readers sent links to two blogs she's working on in Ireland. It took me back a decade to a trip I made with my mom (RIP) and a good friend. We rented a car and drove all over the place for two weeks leading. At one of the B & B's we stayed in the owner laughed and said, "You Americans, you go everywhere and see nothing!" Ah, but we visited Jesus at every church we passed and talked to dozens of the local folks: a bride and groom waiting for the same car ferry we were, two school girls eating their lunch on a park bench, a mom with two little boys who couldn't wait for divorce to be legalized (sad), a distinguished white-haired gentleman painting his rowboat. How I would love to return! Unfortunately, I'd have to get on an airplane and whenever I think about that I think of a sardine can. But I can take a virtual tour and I invite you to do the same.

Blessed Thaddeus McCarthy's Catholic Heritage Association

St. Conleth's Catholic Heritage Association

North Cathedral, Cork City


Franciscan Church Merchants Quay, Dublin

1 comment:

  1. For a (late) summer vacation, I took a group travel tour of the Balkans. At a Croatian border crossing, the officer looked at my American passport and said in good English that I was an explorer!

    ReplyDelete